The School supports six student organizations, two tied to each of our majors.
Integrated Strategic Communication
Ad Club, a chapter of the American Advertising Federation
Adviser: Dr. Alyssa Eckman
Public Relations Student Society of America (national organization member)
Treasurer: Lauren Kamas
Secretary: Erica Hamilton
Recruitment Chair: Lauren Untch
PR Chair: MaryMac Joiner
Activities Coordinator: Lindsey Sharp
Adviser: Dr. Scott Whitlow
National Association of Black Journalists (national organization member)
Adviser: Lisa A. Brown
Society of Professional Journalists (national organization member)
Advisers: Prof. Al Cross and Dr. Mike Farrell
Media Arts and Studies
Grehan Recording Group
Adviser: Prof. John Clark
Media Arts and Studies Society
Adviser: Dr. Jim Hertog
- Sports Medicine Pioneer Frank Jobe Dies At 88
Dr. Frank Jobe, an orthopedic surgeon who was the first to perform an elbow procedure that became known as Tommy John...
- A Homeless Teen Finds Solace In A Teacher And A Recording
Aaron didn't think he would ever tell a teacher he was living on the street. But sharing a recording of his personal...
- Seeking Energy Independence, Europe Faces Heated Fracking Debate
To stay competitive, Europeans need cheaper natural gas but they also need to be less dependent upon Russia. They're...
- Poultry Farmers To Fight Back On California Cage-Free Egg Law
Missouri farmers will file a lawsuit against California over its law barring the sale of eggs from producers whose...
- From War In The Desert To 'Murder Ball On Ice'
This year, the men's U.S. Paralympic Sled Hockey team is packed with Afghanistan and Iraq veterans, and they've found an...
- 3 Lessons From Obama's Failed Justice Department Nomination
Why was it such a disaster? Seven Democrats defected from their party to vote against President Obama's nominee.
- A Panicky Pianist, Playing Like His Life Depends On It
Eugenio Mira's thriller Grand Piano doesn't hit all of its notes perfectly, but it's daringly written — and...
- Grocery Chains Safeway And Albertson's Announce Merger Deal
Private equity firm Cerberus Capital Management is offering $9.4 billion for Safeway, the nation's second-largest...
- How Bad Directions (And A Sandwich) Started World War I
World War I began 100 years ago this summer. The spark — Archduke Ferdinand's assassination — was dramatic, tragic...
- 'Newsweek' Says It Found Bitcoin's Founder: 4 Things To Know
For years, Reddit, tech blogs and mainstream media outlets have speculated about the mysterious Satoshi Nakamoto....
- Senate Blocks Military Sexual Assault Reforms
The Senate has blocked a bill introduced by Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, which had proposed revisions to military procedures...
- As CPAC Opens, GOP Stars Take Turns At The Podium
The Conservative Political Action Conference, an annual gathering of conservative activists, routinely attracts big...
- Almost 500 Foods Contain The 'Yoga Mat' Compound. Should We Care?
A report finds that azodicarbonamide wasn't just in Subway's bread: It's in hundreds of foods. While it has been linked...
- Texas Abortion Restrictions Shutter Two More Clinics
Several Texas abortion clinics are shutting down Thursday, in part due to restrictions passed by state lawmakers. They...
- Chinese Superstar Lifts Ivory Cause Onto His Shoulders
Former NBA star Yao Ming is very famous in China, and he's using his fame on behalf of conservation issues. Now a member...