The School supports six student organizations, two tied to each of our majors.
Integrated Strategic Communication
Ad Club, a chapter of the American Advertising Federation
Adviser: Dr. Alyssa Eckman
Public Relations Student Society of America (national organization member)
Recruitment Chair: ]
PR Chair: ]
Adviser: Dr. Scott Whitlow
National Association of Black Journalists (national organization member)
Adviser: Lisa A. Brown
Society of Professional Journalists (national organization member)
Advisers: Prof. Al Cross and Dr. Mike Farrell
Media Arts and Studies
Grehan Recording Group
Adviser: Prof. John Clark
Media Arts and Studies Society
Adviser: Dr. Jim Hertog
- ACLU Challenges Miami Law On Behalf Of Homeless Sex Offenders
Miami-Dade County has strict limits on where sex offenders can live — so strict many wind up living in outdoor...
- An Answer For Americans Who Ask: What's My Risk Of Catching Ebola?
Folks in the U.S. are in a panic about catching Ebola. Let's just say, you're more likely to be eaten by a shark. The...
- Cigarette Maker Reynolds American To Ban Smoking At Work
Until now, Reynolds employees have been able to light up at their desks, but come January, workers will have to either...
- FDA Cracks Down On Fake Ebola Cures Sold Online
The Food and Drug Administration has issued warning letters to companies marketing products claimed to be cures for...
- Please Do Not Leave A Message: Why Millennials Hate Voice Mail
"When it comes to voice mail, they're just over it," says Jane Buckingham, a trend expert. But it's still important at...
- Report Says UNC Grade-Boosting Scandal Involved Fake Classes
An independent investigation found that the school's African and Afro-American Studies Department used the "paper...
- In North Carolina, Latino Voters Could Decide Tight Senate Race
Latinos make up 9 percent of the state's population and 2 percent of registered voters, and a new poll shows many are...
- U.S.-Led Strikes In Syria Have Killed 553, Activists Say
Most of those killed — 464 — were fighters with the Islamic State. The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights also...
- How To Sell Bogus Health Cures In 5 Easy Steps
It turns out that green coffee extract isn't a "miracle pill that can burn fat fast," even though Dr. Oz said so. But...
- Ottawa Attack Seen As Canada's Security Wake-Up Call
In Canada, the front door to Parliament is often left unlocked, but after Wednesday's attack, that's likely to change. ...
- I'll (Gag) Drink To That: Oral Rehydration Key For Ebola Patients
Ebola survivors in Nigeria credit the nasty-tasting oral rehydration solution for their recovery. One doctor wants more...
- Blizzard In Nepal Deals A Blow To Porters As Well As Trekkers
Working as a porter in the mountains is a way out of poverty. But it's a job with great risk. After this month's killer...
- Mark Zuckerberg Shows Off His Mandarin Chinese Skills
The Facebook co-founder and CEO spoke at Tsinghua University in Beijing for about 30 minutes. In Mandarin. His audience...
- Why California's Drought-Stressed Fruit May Be Better For You
Is California's severe drought hurting the nutrient content of fruit? No, preliminary data on pomegranates suggest. The...
- Girl Scouts Look For A Way Out Of The Woods
More than 100 years old, the organization offers young American girls the chance to succeed. So why is membership...